Taking care of the equipment that takes care of you.
Home Gym Layout and Design
Tower Fitness Equipment Services offers trained professionals to help with planning, design and construction of the ideal home gym. There are many factors to consider when putting together a gym. The key is to envision how the space will function once completed.
Here are a few of the questions good planning can answer:
- How many pieces of fitness equipment would I like to fit into the space?
- Do I have enough space for the number of users at one time?
- What type of gym flooring will be needed? e.g. maintenance-free rubber flooring.
- Does the space meet the electrical requirements and placement of electrical outlets? If you are still in the early phases of construction or renovation, an often overlooked aspect is the individual power requirements of each piece of fitness equipment. Planning ahead will allow the electrical outlets to be placed in the ideal locations to avoid tripping hazards and leaving a clean and tidy look.
- Is the space well ventilated? Do I have the ability to bring in fresh air or exhaust stale air? Am I able to regulate room temperature quickly to remain comfortable in various stages of the workout?
- Do I want audio visual equipment in the room? Where would be the ideal spot to place a TV based on the layout of the room? Placing the electrical and other requirements for audio visual equipment in the right locations during construction or renovation have many benefits when the room is completed.
- What ceiling height is needed? When shopping for fitness equipment keep in mind the height of the tallest user in the household as some fitness equipment can add between 1 and 2 feet to the overall height of the person.
Contact Tower Fitness for a comprehensive estimate for your home gym project.